Friday, November 16, 2007

I'm really mad because theres some big important soccer game on tv tonight meaning they're NOT SHOWING Star Academy--aka the only thing I do on Friday nights.

Thursday was the same as usual, though I almost peed my pants in one of my classes. Two of my students think they are real funny (though in truth they are) and it just got out of control. The class was in groups of 6 and they had to write a report card for a fake student. Their student was a girl named Gin anTonic. She was a horrible student but was real good looking, so they two boys insisted the teachers should pass her because she was gorgeous and could always become a model. The geography teacher said "but she can't even read a map!" and Ohan (one of the boys) replies "It is okay, she does not need to know where Brazilia is." They'd been going for a while, so I replied "Oh? Please, tell me where Brazilia is." Then burst out laughing. Once Christophe informed Ohan that there was "no such place as Brazilia" the rest of the class burst out laughing, though probably more at the fact that I was pretty much rolling on the floor with tears pouring out of my eyes.

Though it was funny, class was very intimidating! There were 6 students in each group, and I had to take half of them to correct them and grade them! So I had to take notes and then tell them what they did wrong, it was scary!! I know I missed things, and maybe there were a few things that are proper in British English but not in American English or vice versa that I corrected, but Christophe seemed fine with it. My notes are kind of sloppy, so I am going to organize them a bit more this weekend.

Speaking of, our weekend plans got kind of shot but I'm really very fine with it. First we were supposed to go on an expedition to Chartres to see the cathedral and all that, but we would have to be in Chartres at 10 and we couldn't possible make it there before 2. Then Ysmay said, well why don't we just go to Orleans? I was fine with the idea for a while, but next weekend I'm headed to Rennes and the week after that we are going to Paris, and my bank account cannot support a trip to Orleans at the moment. I know if I went I would just be miserable. Besides I have something like 45 hand turkeys to make.

So tomorrow I am just going to relax--take a nice bath, use the hair mask I bought, make tons of hand turkeys, organize my notes, and maybe go for a walk. My skin is getting real gross from all the swimming I've been doing, as is my hair. I am seriously contemplating buying a swim cap if it will help my hair at all.

I leave you with an image--taking my first steps into the mediterranean. obvi I got splashed major about two seconds later. photo taken in nice.

No comments: