Thursday, November 22, 2007

happy thanksgiving you assholes. I am very upset because my thanksgiving dinner is being threatened. As you may or may not know there is a huge train strike in france that has been going on for over a week. This means that whereas there are 10 trains a day into Paris, tomorrow when I need them there are only 2--one at 6 am and one at 6 pm. Which is ok, except for the fact that I need to cross paris to get from one train station to the other, and the paris metro is the MOST effected by the strike--only about 20 percent of the trains are running aka there are only 1 or 2 trains an hour.

In other news I am still going to the pool and even though necessity makes it so I hate going in the morning. in the morning we are the only females there under the age of 40 and all the middle aged men with goggles are there. I have a tankini and I've started tucking the top into the bottom because the middle aged men have been heard discussing us more than once. with creepy pedo looks on their faces.

Things for Ireland seem to be working themselves out well enough.

UMM I'm freaking starving but have to wait another half hour to leave. My 330 class doesnt let out in time to let me make the 435 train, so I have to wait for the 540. Then take a 20 minute walk home, so instead I'm waiting for Bayram until 6 so that he can just give me a ride home. Then I will have a mini quiche and a yummy croque monsieur, then mmmm pudding.

I've had a headache all day long, probably because I've been sad and stressed. BUT GOOD NEWS Christophe has agreed to write me a grad school rec and seemed rather pleased that I asked, AND he promised not to say bad things about me in it. WOO

No comments: