Tuesday, December 4, 2007

going to the doctor in france is super weird, yo!

First of all, there is no such thing as exclusivity. You need a doctor? Just call anyone up and go. I called some random office nearby yesterday morning and actually got an appointment for yesterday... qt 630 at night! I made it there on time and it was like something out of Silent Hill. There was no receptionist and NO ONE in the waiting room. I had no idea what doctor I was seeing.

The main part of the exam room was actually the doctors office. He asked me a few questions then brought me to his teeny tiny exam room and jammed his thumbs into my eye sockets and asked "Does this hurt?" NO SHIT IT DOES. But in any case two seconds later I was thrust out the door with a prescription for several things including ibuprofen, which in france you cannot get without a doctors note. crazy french fucks.

So I hoofed it to the pharmacie only to find out that they didn't have two of the things I needed, aka OBVIOUSLY one of the two was the antibiotic. Life can't be perfect after all.

So today I ran around like a mofo to the pharmacie (where they did not tell me what to do with the dman pills) then I went off to the prefecture to take care of the paperwork that will, you know, like, allow me back into the country, HA. Then some creepy guy tried to pick me up at the bus stop, and obviously if you're smoking in my face I'm going to say no. GOD I am american after all. Smoking is for loooosersss.

So now I'm here at school early to take care of more paperwork (because I was absent) and get some photocopying and such done.

1 comment:

Jay and Bob said...

Dude, antibiotics have been shown to have no effect on a sinus infection. Ha! Read it on msnbc.com five minutes ago.