Thursday, March 20, 2008

ooops!!

so it's been a while. things have been ok. I wanted to move my flight back a few days so that I wouldn't, you know, be like homeless or something for almost a week but it didn't really work out so I've been brainstorming ways to survive, LOL.

tuesday was my birthday for which I did absolutely nothing, lol. No one knew it was my birthday except for one of my students, who gave me a gift! yay! she gave me a pretty pair of earrings. The day kind of sucked because claire has kind of turned into a bitch. I told her I was having major problems with the lesson for next week and she didn't help at all. I took the bus home, then passed out in bed from about 6:30 to 8:30. I microwaved a quiche, then spoke to various family members. around 11:30 I took a sleeping pill, but it didn't help much

yesterday I woke up and had no desire to get out of bed, so I sent christophe and nathalie texts saying I was feeling ill and wasn't coming in. then I stayed in bed till 1, HA. then I discovered that someone had tried to deliver a package but it was sent fedex so it wasn't through the post office. I called the company and they told me someone would stop by sometime before 6. So at 6:05 when no one came I called and they had no record whatsoever of my package. !!!! The lady had to ask around until she found someone who knew what happened to it, so she said it would be delivered sometime between 8 am and noon.

So today I woke up at 8 and slept on the couch and miraculously woke up about 5 minutes before the delivery guy showed up. It was an awesome birthday package from Nicky, Kristin, and Hutch! I showered and took off for school, where Christophe was bitchy for 5 minutes. he was all "You were absent yesterday?? You can't just text me, that is such an american thing to do. it didn't even have a name on it, I mean it was in english so I knew who it was, but blahblahblah"

I had my last class with some of my 2ndes. I shared the easter candy that Kristin sent with them and they thought it was the greatest thing ever. They didn't even get mad when I made them take a picture, lol. In class with Christophe he'd forgotten that he was mad at me and just bitched about Bayram. WOOHOO I'm still the favorite kid, lol. He told me another one of his hunting stories, which absolutely kills me. Christophe is a 55 something year old chubby white guy who on the weekends hunts wild boar. And he doesn't just shoot them, he shoots them then slits their throats. It's very Lord of the Flies. But god, he sits there telling me all these crazy stories about being attacked by 400 pound animals and it just kills me. I really love how we just sit there in class while the students are working and shoot the shit, and I must say I'm glad those kids don't understand a lot of slang because we are very offensive, lol.

I got back and took another nap, which was a bad thing, but I have all weekend to readjust. I spoke to the ever loveable Heidy for a while, then had dinner. I don't have much to do this weekend, just some cleaning and foodshopping and hopefully baking if my package from the 'rentals get here tomorrow!

I'm thinking of going to amsterdam over the break

No comments: