Thursday, February 7, 2008

now in technicolor

today was fun.

I putzed around the appartment for quite a bit, then headed off to school. The bus ended up being 10 minutes late, so I did not get to school until after the bell. By the time I made it to my hallway, the second bell had already rung. There are the end of the hallway were all my little secondes. They saw me rushing down the hallway and all started clapping and cheering. I love those kids!!

Before we started our tongue twisters they wanted to know what the prizes were. When I showed them 2 american dollars they were all so excited. silly french kids!! It was a very good class, overall.

Then Christophe side-lined me by inviting Bayram to class and not telling me, the asshole. I felt kind of bad for the students, since Bayram is a very strict teacher and Christophe was in his dominant male mode. This meant that the comments were a little meaner and the grades a little lower, though I did my best to keep morale up. I really wish I had been grading because I wasn't really able to make any comments, and poor Melissa who at the beginning of the year couldn't do a roleplay without having a panic attack first made it through without stuttering once, and even managed to start right away. I was so proud!! I made sure to comment on it.

I did make a point of it, however, to get back to class early to warn the students of what was to come. They all seemed thankful. Then I had my usual thursday hour with Jordan, the american student at the lycee. We like making fun of the french and their inability to speak english, lol.

I am almost ready for my vacation!!!!! Tomorrow I need to go into the center and sniff out the store that is supposedly selling flipflops (I need shower shoes) then I just need to pack.

Tonight I watched Alvin and the Chipmunks and it was beyond incredible. I had so many (horrific) childhood flashbacks, and it reminds me that I need to steal that record from Nonna.....

No comments: