Thursday, February 14, 2008

And now on to MUNICH.

I arrived in Munich around dinner time, so I dropped my stuff off and had dinner at an Italian restaurant on the corner. I used the internet, and when I got back to the room there were two guys there, Adam and Chris. They were tons of fun, and we spend the night talking and making fun of each other (chris is from the south) and they recommended a bunch of stuff to do.

On the 12th I woke up and headed down to breakfast where I befriended two Aussies, Heather and Nikky. I invited them to go on a walking tour with me, but we left late and had no idea where we were going, lol. We heard the Glockenspiel go off so went running to check it all out, and managed to bump into the walking tour we had been looking for!! The tour was a lot of fun, then we went back to Haufbrauhaus (the most famous beer hall in the world) and waited half an hour for service before heading across the street to the Hard Rock Cafe, lol. We checked out a few stores, then it was back to the hostel where I took a nap.

Nikky knocked on the door and invited me down to the bar with her. We started playing asshole with two brits named Rob and Tom, and then Darcy came over and was like "Wait are you guys playing asshole??" Then came Heather, and Matt and Luke, and Tiia and Matt, and eventually there was too many of us, so we played new drinking games. At 9 happy hour ended so just before we all bought like, 2-3 drinks each to save money.

Needless to say around 2:30 I stumbled to bed. I woke up, at breakfast, then went back to bed.

A bit of advice: Happy hour does not lead do happy mornings.

Anyways. Around 2 I purchased my train tickets then tried to take money out of the atm. No luck. Back at the hostel I called my bank and found out I have a withdrawl limit that I had hit, so I had to fight with the bank until they fixed it for me, but I could not touch my money until the next day. So I had to buy euros with dads credit card. EEK. I walked around Munich for a little bit but it was fuckin cold so I went back.

I bumped into Matt and Tiia so I joined them downstairs, then Darcy came over, then at the bar I met David and Lisa from Kentucky and started hanging out with them. Darcy joined us for some asshole, and around 11 we decided we wanted to go to a club.

about 40 minutes of wandering munich later we had no luck so we stopped in some turkish deli, then it was back to the hostel.

Where I discovered that Judd from Alberta, Canada had blown chunks all over the room. And by all over the room I mean on my bed, my scarf, and everything of mine that had been next to the bed. I pitched a fit but he was too drunk to wake up, so I made his girlfriend clean it up while I complained to the hostel. I had to throw away my scarf and rip pages out of my journal, and sleep in his top bunk because he was passed out in his girlfriends bed and even after they changed the mattress and everything I was not getting back in that bed.

I didn't really sleep, and the room reaked of vomit. In the morning when I confronted him about it he didn't really care, but I made him pay for a new scarf, a new journal, and for my room for the night. I worked myself into quite the fury and managed a nice outbreak of hives, but now I'm chill, lol.

I am currently in my hostel in Vienna, Tiia came with me but we couldn't get put in the same room. It took us half an hour to find a hostel two blocks from the station, haha, but I just had the best nap ever and am off for dinner.

No comments: