Thursday, January 24, 2008

the last few weeks have been crazy, commuting a lot between montargis and paris and organizing and just trying to reorganize my life. aka get back on track, get into the right mindset, etc. my room is a wreck, which is really the first thing I need to get under control. I need to go foodshopping and buy real food so that I can start eating proper meals again. then I have to deal with more government crap. I finally got my carte de sejour, but the french bastards spelt my name wrong.

I also went through some recent veronique drama. she had asked me to chaperone a trip to hungary, but a little over a week ago she told me it was just going to be me and three students, not a big trip like I had been expecting. everyone I talked to said it was a bad idea, so I told her I just couldn't do it anymore. of course she made a big huff and puff about it, but theres no way I'm putting that sort of responsibility on my shoulders. there are not enough anti-anxiety pills in the world to make that work out for me.

ireland on the other hand is going to be a lot of work, but a lot of fun I think. all my students seem super excited that I'm going, so I really don't think we'll have too many problems. and I won't be the only adult there, which was my main problem with hungary. and at least the irish claim to speak english, lol. poor french kids are in for a suprise.

in the meanwhile I need to work on soundproofing the walls in this damn flat. am tired of hearing about every aspect of everyones lives through their telephone calls

No comments: